Subject: RE: IK difficulties
From: Simon Champion <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 1996 20:01:25 -0500

----------
From: 	[email-masked][SMTP:[email-masked]]
Sent: 	06 January 1996 03:59
To: 	Multiple recipients of list
Subject: 	Re: IK difficulties

On Fri, 5 Jan 1996, Simon Champion <[email-masked]> wrote:
>On thing I've always wanted in Lightwave was the heirarchical object
>structure available in programs like Real3D, which had a good
>"subdirectory" type system. Any chance of this making it to the next
>release?

	Describe it.

OK.

Well, this is from memory. It's been years since I last used Real3D. 
Basically, there's an object selection (floating) window.

You can create a "folder" and name it ie "Arm". You then go into the folder 
and create the objects for your arm. You can place the texture you're using 
into the folder, and all objects in the folder will have that texture. You 
can then create another folder inside "arm" called (for example) "wrist". 
in that you would put your wrist objects. You can put a motion into the 
folder, and all the objects in the folder will follow that motion. 
Therefore I could have one master folder ie "body", in that would be "left 
arm", "right arm", "torso", "head", etc.

Body
    Arms
       Left Arm
          Shoulder
       Right Arm
          Shoulder
    Legs
       Left Leg
       Right Leg

and so on. Only the folder you're in at the time is visible in the object 
window. It's very much like using a file requester under Win95. It is a 
very neat and tidy way of controlling objects in an heirarchical format, 
and also leads to a lot less clutter when manipulating subsections of a 
model.

************************************************************************  
******
** [email-masked]                     |  Synergy Graphix & Animation 
  **
** Welcome to Seattle!  Have a latte'!     | Technical Subjects a 
Specialty!**
** Don't make me force it down your throat.|     "OK!  Wind the frog!" 
     **

I'd love a latte, but can't afford the air fare to Seattle. Have you met 
Frasier and Niles?

ps :)

Simon